Skip to main content

Though I Fall, I Will Rise Again

About Judith, he said: Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields her all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders

 This was not what I planned as my welcome back to blogging, but I’ve been so lax in writing that I’ll take anything I can get.

 I recently posted on my WhatsApp status that one of Jesus’ hardest commandments is to “be anxious for nothing.” It logically does not make sense as humans that things are falling apart and there is a commandment to not be anxious.

I just concluded the third year of my Law degree and I had high hopes going into the third year. I prayed, pulled down mountains (very essential๐Ÿ˜‚), and I was ready to conquer the world. 

The first semester came, and yes, there were little hiccups here and there, but everything was still fine. I resumed for the second semester, and I remember I wrote a blog post on tenacity unknowing to me that I’d be taking my advice(such is life, innit?). The results for the first semester started rolling in and for the most part, they weren’t what I was expecting. The amusing part was that they were a few shots away from what I was expecting, and I was in a state of limbo for a long while.





I couldn’t be angry at God because that would mean my relationship with him is, in fact, transactional (a blog post on this soon), and even with everything that was going on, I wasn’t ignorant of His faithfulness. Being angry at myself wasn’t an option either because I needed all the boost I could get for the semester that was already fast running. 

I learnt from that situation that sometimes the problem is not the problem; it’s the fact that we do not have an explanation of what caused the problem and we do not know if the problem will be a recurring one or it is just one time. As humans, we are fueled by a desire to know, but we see in part and we know in part. We can’t always have answers to these problems, and this God was aware of, and so he asks us that regardless of this, we should not be anxious.

Well, with a lot of help from the Holy Spirit and my family, I was able to get myself back up, tenacity yeah? I remember my mum said to me, “But David encouraged himself in the Lord.” I went to read 1st Samuel 30, and I saw that David and his men, when faced with a challenge, wept until they had no strength to weep, and he was greatly distressed. However, David encouraged himself in the Lord his God, and that’s what I did. I held on to the mantra “na who give up f- up”, but it wasn’t exactly appropriate if you know what I mean๐ŸŒš.

When the scriptures said, “Be anxious for nothing,” it didn’t just stop there; it gave an alternative for what we should do instead: “But in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God,” and that I did. 

I found a suitable replacement for the mantra I stated earlier, Micah 7:7, “But me, I’m not giving up. I’m sticking around to see what God will do. I’m waiting for God to make things right. I’m counting on God to listen to me.” The interesting part about this is that I got a reply. Deuteronomy 33:12, “About Judith, he said: Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields her all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.”

I don’t know what the future has in stall for me; I don’t know if I will always get my desired results, but what I know is that I will always rest secure in him. 

So, yes, not being anxious may be hard but to stop doing something, you have to start doing another thing to fill up the vacuum.  Therefore while trying not to be anxious, learn to rest secure in your Creator.



Comments

  1. Yes ma'am, noting that down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, small girl ๐ŸŒš

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Judith, I'm probably coming to your WhatsApp soon(maybe not..lol)
    But this was a good read and yes! I also held unto your mantra Micah 7:7
    Thank you for being a blessing.God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The law ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I held on to that mantra too. It kept me going the whole of second semester.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a wholesome read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful piece ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜


    Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rants and Reflections...

I don't have a story or hot take today, I just want to talk so I'll title this my "Rant 101". Sometimes, we do things we’d rather not do(not necessarily bad things) because we are tired of holding up for too long. The problem is when we do those things we turn out to be the bad persons and are only understood by people who care to understand. Another problem is the people who those things are directed to should be more mature let’s say an older person and you’ve been the mature one all along and boom! You decide to be the child that you are and turn out to be the bad person.๐Ÿฅฒ  Personally, if I do something that’s not from anger but is out of character for me then something of what I explained above happened. Trust me the Holy Spirit convicts me right after or before that but my mind just keeps saying “Why can’t you speak to the other person? I am but a child”.  Up to the moment I’m writing this, something similar happened and the funny thing is I did nothing and doin

The Twentieth Floor

 I decided I was going to write a blog post to mark the end of an era and the beginning of another, but as I type this I have no words. Nothing comes to mind, but here I go anyway… It feels like just yesterday I was excited about turning thirteen. I think that was the very first birthday I was excited about. It felt so nice to finally be a teenager. I left the children’s church to the teen church, and I left Junior Secondary School for Senior Secondary School. The most interesting part was, I was towing a new path the ones before me didn’t tow. Judith decided to go to Art class to the “dismay” of the African parents’ stereotype. I think that was the first real decision that came with a battle that I ever took (big ups to my brother for fighting that battle with me๐Ÿซ‚).   I was not always the brightest of mind, but it felt like a new journey for me and I had the nudge to be among the best, if not the best.  I had always been a church girl but, my 13th year marked the beginning of my rede

Introducing Judith

  AN INTRODUCTION...or maybe not๐Ÿ‘€ Heyyyy the name is Judith, pronounced as JU-dith not ju-DITH, It has been a lot of struggle getting people to pronounce it the right way.  Anyway, I officially welcome you to my blog๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•  I love to think I'm mysterious, no, scratch that I am mostly mysterious๐Ÿ˜…but maybe just maybe this blog will be an insight into what goes on in my head. Interesting stuff I tell yah, but would it be interesting to you? I guess you'll have to follow me to find out. Now this was meant to be an introduction about myself, but picture this, you're in front of an interviewer and he throws the question, 'Tell me about yourself' and you freeze up, That's exactly what it's like writing about myself and of course I could be mechanical about it but where's the fun in that? Sooo, my name is Oluwafikayo Judith Adegoke, and some other names that I may or may not share along the way๐Ÿ˜ถ My current age "status"๐Ÿ˜‚ is getting old because tell me